"Chaining" case fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durftard

In Runtime
How many 120 mm fans can I put on a single molex connector?

For reference I have a Corsair 520HX , and I'm using the tri-cool antec fans that come standard with the antec 900

With the 520hx you shouldnt have to chain very many. Try to do as little chaining as possible. The 520 has plenty of molex connectors. I'm running 6 fans and dont have any chained.

Its not that bad. 2 120's on the intake. the 200mm top fan, 120mm rear fan, 120mm on the heatsink, and another 120mm on the side panel. The machine is under the desk so its not all that loud.

edit 9 fans if you include the 3 video cards :p

....Why do you need 3 video cards x_x? Also, WHAT DO YOU MEAN 200mm FAN?! Thats freaking huge. Thats like 8 inches. You must get a nice breeze while you're playing on your 3 video cards x_x.

Good to hear it isn't too loud... I'm getting the same case!

How well does the side fan fit with your Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme? I was kind of worried about that...

200mm fan is standard on the Antex 900 case and is used as a blowhole exhaust. This fan is actually quieter then the other 3 that come with the case.

Id say max 2 but thats just me, mabe 3, you dont wanna put too much stress ona a single molex and if your PSU has more molexes why not use them? Especially if it's a single rail design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom