Cd Labeller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathanlowe

Solid State Member
Right. I have been downloading and burning dvds for a while. All i have been doing is getting normal dvd -r discs, burning off and just writing the film in black marker, nothing fancy.
Now i have come to the stage were i want to put a cover on the dvd disc. I dont have any idea what so ever what i need to purchase in order to do this. I only know of 2 methods.

Getting a printer, some of the peel paper with the disc peel and one of the plastic compressor things. Then just print of the disc image, peel and compress onto disc.

The other method i know jack all about but its like an external dvd rw drive but can print onto the disc aswell. Know nothing about it what so ever, so any help would be great.

I would like to know, what printer i would need to make the discs look good, what type of paper and what compressor thing.
And can they be printed onto any disc ?

any printer wil do, if you are using labels.

else, the media also comes printable, but for that, Philips DVD-RW comes with Lightscribe technology that can print the DVD's directly. again, for that u got to have a printable dvd media. so best and economical solution left is buying labels, printing them and putting them on Media, uisng a label tranfer machine (which shouldnt cost more than 6-7 £)

Were can i get all the equipment from ?
I dont have any idea what printer will give a great job.
What type of paper.
And were to get the transfer machine.

Personally, i like buying the stickers (i guess they are the same as the printable ones?) and just writing on those with a Sharpie, then slap it on the disc. Photo quality matte labels are the best, IMO.

eBay, you'll get CD labels (pre-cut) to cover the CD/DVD, and the label sticking machine is optional, if you just buy the Labels, they will do perfect job. you'll have to design a file for yourself in MS-Word to print out. I have labels, but never bothered to design a MIS-Word file, in case i'll do, which i'll going to soon, i'll send u mine file to use for your own.

Its only for my use and seling to a few mates so i will just go for the stickers.
I really do not have the slightest idea about printers. What would be a good one to get ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom