cd drive and mobo compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you look at the pic of the mobo it sure does look like it has ide connectors (pri and sec)

lol i still cant tell.. i believe you guys when you say it does... but are you 100% sure that it will be compatible? because if not i want to send for a return immediately... im so impatient i cant wait any longer to build this thing :)

100% sure. ATA drives are IDE. That board seems to have the IDE standard and a built in SATA controller card(probably promise). I would take advantage of the sata by trying to obtain a sata cd/dvd drive....The only thing I dont like about sata is the data plug....its so small and it doesn't give a flush connection like a IDE connector.

"PATA 2 x ATA 100 up to 4 Devices" PATA is IDE. It has 2 IDE connectors for up to 4 Devices. Although the speed is only ATA 100 and not ATA 133. No biggy, but yes, that optical drive will work just fine.

EDIT: It also includes IDE cables. So I am more than 100% certain that it will work.

biggjoee5790 said:
lol i still cant tell.. i believe you guys when you say it does... but are you 100% sure that it will be compatible? because if not i want to send for a return immediately... im so impatient i cant wait any longer to build this thing :)

don't worry about it. all motherboards has 2 IDE connectors (primary and secondary). it's a STANDARD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom