Casul Gaming - New graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

CompaQQer

Solid State Member
Hello everybody,
I'm planning getting a new graphics card. The games i want to play are WoW (most important) and Assasins Creed 2 / Modern Warfare (not necessarily)

Processor: Intel E5300 2,6 gHz
Motherboard:Foxconn H-I41-uATX (Eton)

The weakness of this PC is the PSU, a 300w Merlot. C. I was thinking of an HD 5570. Would this be overkill for WoW? (Medium/High settings) it's mostly CPU dependant so a lesser card would work too. The 5570 will run AC2 on low.

What is your budget? You can get some low end cards that your PSU can support, but I don't think there is much that will run with a 300W PSU. I got one of these when I had a 300W, but there were some issues with it (I've since upgraded my PSU). Mostly microfreezes, and my fan was faulty too... You may have better luck. I'm thinking if you want a higher end card, chances are you will need a new PSU as well.

Here are some nice combos you can look over for your PC.
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Budget for the graphics card is 100 dollar, Bugdet for a PSU is 50 dollar. What about the combination of an E5300 + HD 5570 + Intel G41 mobo? I want to get the maximum out of the setup, so i need to know if it's compatible. A 300w. for an HD5570 should be sufficient, right?

Depends on the brand you get. Most of the HD5570 that I see on Newegg require a 400W... The PSU you have is meant for a work station and not a gaming rig. This is the biggest issue you are going to have.

Get this PSU Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power RS550-PCARE3-US 550W ATX12V V2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply ($49.99)
And get this card and you should be ok Newegg.com - MSI R5570-MD1G Radeon HD 5570 1GB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card ($79.99)

$129 total w/ free shipping.

they aren't the greatest, but meet you budget and will work for what you want it to do.

I'd recommend long term saving up and building a gaming rig.

The weakness of this PC is the PSU, a 300w Merlot. C. I was thinking of an HD 5570. Would this be overkill for WoW? (Medium/High settings) it's mostly CPU dependant so a lesser card would work too. The 5570 will run AC2 on low.

5570 is not overkill, it's really on the edge of being a real low budget gaming card.

i would try to get these
Newegg.com - Antec Basiq BP430 430W Continuous Power ATX12V Version 2.2 Active PFC Power Supply
Newegg.com - VisionTek 900329 Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

or if you don't mind waiting on some rebates, get this combo
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
$175 upfront, $125 after rebates for an even more powerful card.

Those two top links the same, Muffin.

And we were implying on him getting that. Maybe not out loud, but that link that pro2a gave included that.

CoolerMaster PSU = crap. Sorry, but it is true. Go with the Antec.

Five eggs is not always achievable. You will always have some idiots skewing the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom