Cases and power supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to say with a MicroATX Mini Tower. It's designed for a small compact footprint so the smaller in size (dimensional) the better. And it's also best to use a power supply that is well ventilated. Most of the heat generated by the PC is exhausted by the power supply in a Mini Case design. And unlike most systems you want to buy a power supply with a limited number of cables as they occupy space and inhibit air flow.

Could you possibly suggest something cheaper? I thought cooler masters were suppose to be good...

A few CoolerMater PSUs are good (see the PSU guide here), but these are the top end models.

What is your budget for the PSU, and what is your wattage requirements? I recommended models with the same wattage as what you originally posted.

I'm not sure what my wattage requirements would be though I've estimated about 400... My budget thus far for a PSU would be roughly $40. I showed my build to a buddy ans he said you may want to shoot for 500-550W PSU.

Edit: Okay I calculated 365w. So I wasn't far off. I'd like to shoot a little higher than this, I intend to upgrade in the future. I am comfortable around 450-550w.

I meant what wattage does your graphics card recommend? They always say more than you need, so getting at least that much wattage in a good PSU will cover you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom