Can't figure out the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Democius

Beta member
I got a new case for Christmas. When I tried to hook it up to the current equip and turn it on smoke came out and wouldn't turn on. I put everything back to how it was previously and still wouldn't work. So I figured maybe my motherboard burnt out. I went to Frys and got a new one and it still didn't work. I could hook it all up, press the power button, and it'd turn off right away. I figured maybe I got it DOA. I returned it and got a different model, still had the same problem. I called a friend and he said that some mother boards require a 500W power supply now, not sure if that was valid. But today I went and got new RAM, a new processor, and a 500W power supply. I hook it all up and nothing happens. Any one got any ideas?

I have 15 days to return the power supply, RAM, and processor. Motherboard have had over a month so if that ended up being DOA then I'll get a new one.

And if you need specs on the components just let me know.

It was near the old PSU and the old CPU.

Case: Logisys OCS-206BK
Motherboard: Asus P5G41-M LX2 Series
Processor: Intel E6500 LGA775
RAM: Wintec DDR2 4GB PC6400 DUAL, 3VT8005U9-4GK
Power Supply: Apevia Java Power 500W

Its a low end psu... I wouldn't trust it honestly, but your system doesn't come close to 400W anyway.

I'd look for a short in the mobo to case. Try booting with 1 stick of ram, gpu, cpu and psu, all out side of the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom