Cant Decied between these GFX cards.

Drixar

Beta member
Good Afternoon (or morning, depending where your viewing from!)

i started a thread recently about a 9600gs GFX card spec however i am now torn between these three cards to upgrade too.

GTX 550 TI

Sapphire HD 7750 2gb

AMD HD 6770 1gb

i am buying a OCZ 750w 80plus certified power supply to go with the new card, i know these only ask for 400w but i plan to upgrade at some point in the future to an even better card, mobo etc however my first purchases ar ethe 750w 80plus and one of these cards, i'm buying them form PC world as i prefer to be able to take my stuff back to a person for an instant refund or exchange than send off etc.

any help would be greatly appreciated, below is the PC world link for there full range, however £100 is kind of my limit atm.

thanks again in advance!

p.s. i have read reviews about all these cards and some say the cheaper 7750 is better than the 550ti while others say vice versa.

Last edited:
Strickly from reviews the 550 ti is the "faster" card but barely.

Which then brings up the poerformance / $ er £

If you're looking for the Absolute best fps i'd go 550 ti, but if you just want good performance the 7750 is a solid option.

550ti, but honestly they all suck depending on what you're looking for graphics wise. If you are fine with medium and low settings cool, if not better up the budget.

Also, 650w Corsair TX. Before anybody says anything, I have had yet another friends OCZ PSU die.

550ti then it is, i was swaying to this but its nice to have it confirmed from two sources thank you both.

another question what about the HD 7770 2gb? thats only £30 more and if i went for a 650w PSU as PPmaguire suggested i could just scrape this, but is it worth the extra buck? looks like it to me but im still learning.

also what about Antec PSU's? i've heard good things about these and reports suggest they actually have the least failure/return rate on online stores currently. (review/source from PCgamer, i think if i remember correctly.)

I believe the 7770 is between 5-10% faster depending on the game in question. Up to you whether you think it's worth the extra cash.

Antec makes good units, but the quality depends on the unit itself and who the OEM is. See the on reason I recommend Corsair units is because all of their TX/HX/AX units are Seasonic.

Back
Top Bottom