Cancelling a Dell order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conroe

In Runtime
I ordered a dell laptop yesterday and now am thinking maybe I should go alienware. I went with financing...am I able to cancel my order with no penalties?

actually the alienwares are looking **** expensive. I really want a tv tuner but dell charges an extra 179$ which seems ridiculous. Would it be possible for me to get one installed at a later date..or are there external tv tuners?

there sure are, there was a thread not too long ago about tv tuners and in it we discussed USB, PCI, and PCI-E 1x cards... but yeah, you can definitely get an external USB tuner.

fastrandstrongr said:
there sure are, there was a thread not too long ago about tv tuners and in it we discussed USB, PCI, and PCI-E 1x cards... but yeah, you can definitely get an external USB tuner.

Awesome il look for that thread. Now do you think my choice of dell is good.

Im getting

Core 2 duo 1.66
2 gigs of ram (does not say speed so i assume its slow)
ATI X1400 256 meg
60 gig HD

All for 1119 canadian before tax...I also opted for the complete care accidental damage replacement warrenty for 199.99. Can I get a better laptop for this price of should i just stick with this?

in my opinion, dell makes fairly good laptops. the price seems really good too. however, the 60 gb hd i think is something that might hold you back.... maybe get an external HD for some more space?

Cant complain with a C2D!

the ram should be something like DDR667 or DDR800

fastrandstrongr said:
in my opinion, dell makes fairly good laptops. the price seems really good too. however, the 60 gb hd i think is something that might hold you back.... maybe get an external HD for some more space?

Cant complain with a C2D!

the ram should be something like DDR667 or DDR800

The ram they advertise is 533 and then it says free upgrade to 2gigs with any core2 duo system...but it doesnt say the speed....they wouldnt dare put in ddr2 400 would they?

your right about the HD but I figure il just buy a external if and when i fill up the 60 gig...i think it was like 40 more for an 80 and 100 for a 120 and i was allready over budget.

Here is a link to my system

http://configure.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=ca&CS=CADHS1&l=en&oc=OCINSP64C2_RBP_64C2E

ok now im thinking my 2 gigs of ram may be very slow and not have dual channel? Is this a big deal?

i think that it is the dual channel 2gb at 533 mhz because the free upgrade has a value the same as the dual channel ram.

i would think its such a big deal. your processor is a beast anyway, and should be able to handle pretty much anything you throw at it. 2gb or ram should be plenty for now.

Thanks for your input. The only bottleneck I see is the video card...X1400. Its pretty much the best they offer for this system. Would it be possible to upgrat to like a 6800 GT in the future?

fastrandstrongr said:
i think that it is the dual channel 2gb at 533 mhz because the free upgrade has a value the same as the dual channel ram.

i would think its such a big deal. your processor is a beast anyway, and should be able to handle pretty much anything you throw at it. 2gb or ram should be plenty for now.

as far as i know, switching mobile graphics processors is a pain in the ***... i would expect mobile gpu's to be pretty **** expensive too.

but thats just speculation since ive never seen/bought/changed a mobile gpu... maybe one of the other fellas on this board can help you with that.

(btw sorry for the typos in my previous post! haha "would" = "wouldnt", and "or" = "of")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom