Can you ID this mobo? picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
Question of the day....anyone ID these? They are old but I can have em for a few bucks. Just wondering if I can turn them around on ebay. Tried to ID them from the pic on the box but no luck, and the manufacturers webpage wouldn't work either.

From what I have found I'm guessing Soltek is not the most reputable of brands?

mobo.gif

Lol, if I had the numbers I wouldn't have this problem :p that's why it's the question of the day, it ain't easy.

That's the pic I was sent, have asked for another but he's not responding and I need to make up my mind quick. Was hoping someone's wide breadth of experience here might know it off the top of their head....looking to get lucky so to speak.

how much can you get them for?
also is that the highest quality of the pic?

>> Soltek Prescott CPU
>> Soltek Pentium 4 CPU (775-pin)
>> Soltek Pentium 4 CPU (478-pin)
>> Soltek AMD K8 CPU (939-pin)
>> Soltek AMD K8 CPU (754-pin)
>> Soltek AMD K7 CPU Support List .
>> Soltek Pentium 3 CPU

Those are the listed supported cpu's. If you can get them for cheap enough it might be worth a try to get a good match and get liek a p4 or 939. even the other ones could be fun. haha.

That's all I've got at this point...I'm trying to get a hold of him before monday when i have to decide. I'll probably end up going in and making a decision on the spot as I don't see him getting back to me over the weekend.

I'm suspecting that its an AMD K8, he has another mobo he's offered me that I could ID and its an AMD K8.

We'll see, hoping to pick the lot of them up for like $20.

Thanks for the input so far.

are you like giong there an picking them up?
cause if so look at them.

if not just ask him to take a close up pic. and k8 boards could be fun. you coudl pick up 4 cpu's and make 4 servers.

yeah, is a pick up deal, will definitely figure it out when i'm there, but its a bit out of the way so i'm only going once, no going to get the info then come back and make the decision later.

As for a server...that could be fun, have never done that before. good project perhaps.

yeah. from what i've heard all you need is stuff for a cpu and you can get storage space and use it as a ftp which is cool. and you could convert an empty room/basement in your house into a server room and impress your geek friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom