Can you build a solid PC for under 1k?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Building a nice PC under 1k is entirely possible.

DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D $130
AMD Athlon X2 3800+ $296
eVGA 7800GT $250 after rebate
Corsair ValueSelect 2x1GB $152
Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 80GB $58
Fortron 450W PSU $50
CoolerMaster Centurion 5 case $45

Total: $981

I think I may just build and definitely stay with AMD. I was going to sell my current system but I think I'll strip it down and use some of the components. I have...

250GB SATA drive
Audigy 2ZS Sound
550W PSU
XP Pro OS
Lite on DVD-RW
512MB Ramx2 Kingston

My current system is an Intel 3.2ghz, I'm going to pop that board and CPU in my wifes PC.

With the above info, instead of making a new post can someone recomend a nice MOBO, CPU, and vid card for under $600? The best I can get. If I can use my above ram I'll will, otherwise recomend 1gb of ram as well :)

REALLY appreciate all the help. If I don't get any more responses I'll put something together from the posts already made.

I think that covers it, any questions just ask.

Whats the point of getting a new sound card? Most motherboards come with pretty good cards. Since you say you're on a budget theres no point in buying something thats 200$ and is almost the exact same thing as your built-in one unless you have a 7.1 system or something.

I'm not getting a new sound card, I listed what I HAVE and am asking for opinions on what I don't have =) Sorry if I made it confusing, my mistake.

I need MOBO, CPU and Vid card. I know nothing of PCIE or AMD so asking for help, and also inquiring as to whether or not I can use my current Ram.

AMD Athlon X2 3800+ $296
DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D $130
eVga 6800Gs=$170

Total=$596 ( does nto include shipping)
i don't know what ur ram is now...ddr2..ddr....pc400..pc500.. don't know what it is, so heres what i came up with

My ram lists as 1GB of DDR-SDRAM via Sandra. I have 2 - 512MB chips. It's been a while since I bought the ram, but PC3200 comes to mind.

If I need to purchase Ram, feel free to recomend 1gb as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom