Can SATA/300 WD HHD's work alongside new SSD's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rivrbyte

Baseband Member
I presently have a Western Digital Raptor 74GB I used for my WinXP O.S. and Programs,and a 500GB Western Digital for storage. I built this system four years ago. It's a MSI P-35 Platinum/8GB DDR2,I will be installing WIN 7 (64Bit) soon.

I can not afford to upgrade/replace the whole kittenkaboodle right now,(DDR3, Faster GPU,or i7 CPU, but I just bought an Internal WD Caviar Green 2TB also for storage. I have about 60GB music and tons of Photoshop PSD,and JPG files I need to transfer to the 2TB HDD. I haven't opened the WDCavar green HDD yet.

I also do video capture,editing, and burning to DVD's all my analog VHS-C tapes using Pinnacle Studio15 HD.

Because my Raptor fills up pretty fast with the O.S., and programs,and temp files,etc., many people are telling me to use about 25GB on my 500GB Sata HDD for the O.S.,programs and the rest, to partition the balance for storage,but lots of people are telling me to dump the HDD's and buy the new SSD (Solid State drives.)

Is this solid advice,can my Motherboard support these new drives, and do these SSD's and HDD's compatible to work side by side on the same board, or do I have to have ALL SSD's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom