Can internet speed increase if you have a better pc?

tomtom1983

Beta member
Hi everyone, Bit of a random one,
Now i know internet speed itself wont increase if you upgrade your PC, but basically Ive just upgraded my broadband and I currently recieve 221mbs (Hardwired) which is faster than the 16mbs (wifi) I use to recieve. However I havent noticed much difference when surfing the web. I understand that some sites are just slow in general (depending on their server etc) but I thought their would be a huge, MASSIVE difference! (Like the web would appear before ive even typed ha ha)! Anyhow just to clear my mind could my pc need a bit of an upgrade? Its coming up to three years old but still a good spec me thinks! Would love to hear your thoughts!
Here is my spec etc below...

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS5X Performa
Operating System: Windows 10
Motherboard: Asus Z87-K
RAM: 32GB Corsair 1600mhz Vengeance (4x8GB)
Hard Drive: Seagate 1TB (Hybrid 8GB SSD
Additional Storage: 2TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s
Additional Storage: Pioneer 1TB S-ATAIII
Optical Drive: 10x Blu-Ray RW S-ATA
2nd optical drive: 22x DVD盧W DL S-ATA
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB

From experience, when you upgrade your internet to a certain speed, you stop noticing a difference when you're surfing the web because surfing only goes so fast no matter what kind of computer you have. You'll notice a difference in surfing if you're upgrading from a dinosaur that's like 10 yrs old but that's about it. The only thing you'll really notice is download speeds will be significantly faster though.

Last edited:
After a certain point more bandwidth only helps when you have multiple downloads running at the same time. For instance, with that much bandwidth you could have multiple users in your house all streaming video from the 'net simultaneously with no buffering.

Internet speed is capped by your ISP. But, it doesn't hurt to upgrade your pc to better parts. As stated by others before me, upgrading to SSD is a must if you want to be up-to-date with technology. You'll know notice the difference in local speed and performance. And as a whole, you'll feel like your internet speed has increased. But, in reality, your pc just never took advantage of the provided speed because of low quality pc hardwares.

I would suggest to forget hybrid; get a real SSD or pcie SSD and you can raid HDDs as storage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom