Can i upgrade my Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailpog

Daemon Poster
Hi
I am wondering if i can upgrade my Laptop- Dell inspiron 1300- except for memory(Ram).
Thanks,
Sol

Hey, I also have a Dell Inspiron 1100. I think that we are in the same boat that our computers are pretty well outdated. I have looked around, and unfortunately RAM seems to be the only thing that is upgradeable. Anything else seems to be such a pain and cost soooo much that we are better off to just buy a new PC. I'm planning to work a lot this summer, save the money, and build my own PC. If somebody out there does know how to cheaply and easily upgrade Dell Inspirons, LET ME KNOW (private message please) !!!!! I've got a 2.30 GHz Celeron and 640 MB of RAM. However, integrated Intel graphics just aren't cutting it. :(

If your lucky possibly the hard disk, but your computer may be to old to even do that. Besides memory and the hard disk, there really isn't any internal hardware you can upgrade, particularly the video card or processor.

The main core of the technology is the same, but there are small yet significant differences. And sometimes you can't upgrade the HD due to being able to access the HD "bridge". It's also much more complex than replacing/adding/upgrading a desktop HD.

Brtnboarder495 said:
The main core of the technology is the same, but there are small yet significant differences. And sometimes you can't upgrade the HD due to being able to access the HD "bridge". It's also much more complex than replacing/adding/upgrading a desktop HD.
Most of the laptop hd upgrades/replacements I've done took less than fives minutes and were easier (imo) than a desktop's hd. It depends on the brand, HP and Dell for example are almost universally hard drive upgradeable. Toshiba, on the other hand, are difficult to upgrade and instructions aren't always available.

I don't know for sure, but most laptops only support one hard disk, and so if upgrading you have to replace the older one. Transfering data can be a pain if one had to do this I'd imagine.

Brtnboarder495 said:
I don't know for sure, but most laptops only support one hard disk, and so if upgrading you have to replace the older one. Transfering data can be a pain if one had to do this I'd imagine.
true dat, but you can pick up a 2.5" ide to usb or desktop ide adapter at newegg or radioshack and that'll make it a world easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom