Can I swap out 80mm fan for 120mm? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 01-02-2009, 05:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Can I swap out 80mm fan for 120mm?

I am beginning to venture towards my first case upgrade due to space restrictions with my current (Micro ATX) case and have hit another stumbling block, this time it's with fans.

Right now I have 120mm fans installed, but one of the cases I am looking at comes with 2 80mm led fans.

Is it possible to swap out the 80mm fans and replace them with 2 120 mm fans or will space/motherboard restrictions possibly play a role here?

Old 01-02-2009, 05:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator
Default Re: Can I swap out 80mm fan for 120mm?

it is likely they will not fit into the areas the 80mm are located. really the only way to know is to get the case and either
a) add the fans no problem
b) mod the case to accept them
c) live with the fans that come with it
d) get some high CFM 80mm fans (be prepared for noise)
"nagasama no longer drinks tecate, or streaks out of the night for anything, and he has a fine wife so he has no use for your girlfriend...she is safe..."
Closed Thread