Can I run these together? - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #21 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Can I run these together?

I believe that is what I did. I think that they both run at 1.8v, but I am not completely sure. I used the SIW tool to find out. I am going to get a replacement from the shop tomorrow, because I believe it was a problem with the stick itself, as when I had that stick alone or with the other the computer shared some symptoms.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
Build Guru

The voltages are not the timings. The numbers on the side of the RAM stick like 6cl are the timings. You need to set your bios to match the numbers of the stick with the higher timings (numbers).

Think of it like a car. If you set the timing wrong and 4 cylinders are firing different than the other 4 you got problems. That is essentially what is going on here. Your bios is trying to automatically set to the timings on the faster stick causing the other stick to be unstable. Another thing you can try is setting to 1.9v.

"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire Mechwarrior Online = Thunderson PSN = PP_Mguire

Need Descent and Mechwarrior buddies!
If I helped you, give a thanks! ↓
Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #23 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Ok, I set the voltage to 1.9v, but the boot details still won't show up. Another thing about this is that ATI Cataclyst Control Center does not startup either when I have that Ram stick on the motherboard.

Closed Thread