Can I run games on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhwalker89

Beta member
I don't care to much about graphics, I'm not that hard core of a gamer. But there are a few games i would like to play. My computer has a Celeron M 430 with 1.73ghz. The ram is only 1/2 a gig now, but i'm upgrading it to a gig very soon. Its a brand new laptop with 128MB of shared video memory. I haven't done anything with its graphic or sound cards either. Really all I want is to play games without them lagging much. Is that possible on this machine? Thanks.

You won't be able to do much with that laptop (I'm guessing it's a laptop by the Celeron M).

Intel Celeron M is a pretty low-end processor, made for just internet surfing, that's mostly it. Playing solitaire, maybe.

128MB Shared Graphics means that it takes the computer's main memory for the graphics, meaning you only have 384MB of RAM.

The most you can play on that computer is DOS games, maybe a select few from 2000.

dang. Thanks for the response. Is it easy to upgrade a processor or am i better off replaceing the motherboard, or the whole laptop?

I would recommend a better laptop all together. You're gonna be limited to Celeron or Pentium 4 on that laptop.

Wow talldude123. Your not the brightest bulb in the box.

With that, You can play older games like....

Morrowind, Quake 3, Half-Life 1, pretty much anything made 6 years ago.

Please don't double post...

Like I said in your other thread check out this site- it'll let you know if your lappy is good enough to run curent games. Most stuff made maybe 2003 or older should run fine without any trouble. Newer stuff can be iffy. Check this out:
http://www.srtest.com/referrer/srtest

Tel said:
Wow talldude123. Your not the brightest bulb in the box.

With that, You can play older games like....

Morrowind, Quake 3, Half-Life 1, pretty much anything made 6 years ago.

I had a computer with similar specs and better video card and could barely play anything.

I'm not the brightest bulb in the box? Nice insult, man. :amazed:

I disagree and agree with ur quote :) .... you can play games with that e.g Roller Coaster Tycoon.Armored Fist 3 , basicly games that were made about 4 years ago that noone has ever herd of..... The XBOX 1 has 733MHZ Processor ...... that has good graphics Think of Black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom