Can i run fsx on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario1

Solid State Member
Hey. First post. Okay, can I run flight simulator X on all settings high. With this system?

Processor Type AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Dual Core 64-Bit
Processor Speed 3.0GHz
RAM 2048MB DDR2 (2 x 1024MB) (Exp. To 4GB)
Hard Drive 500GB SATA II (7200RPM, 16MB Cache)
Optical Drives 16X DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti Drive
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT (With 256MB)

Its a stock computer.

Thanks!
Mario

Hey mario1,
welcometotf2xr9.png

I think FSX can run on that machine. It meets the minimum system requirements. But I imagine you won't be able to play at good settings.

Check over here:
System Requirements Lab

from what I've seen, fsx doesn't look that graphic intensive, so it should work with an 8500GT at a decent framerate, but depends what you would consider smooth, a constant 30 FPS is a bare-minimum.

Try and see if you can get an x1950PRO or something instead of the 8500 (it'll cost you a tad more)

Thank you guys!

Yeah im looking at upgrading the graphics card .

Okay. Here is the site i MUST buy from.

Future Shop

All desktops.

Under 1000$.

Or. Maybe a 700-800 with a 200 graphics card. Help a bro out.:D

I want high's or ultra high setting if possible.

Have you considered building your own? You can get a better computer, than a pre-built for the price.

Why not?:)

Its just. Price. Do you mean, like.. i chose all the components? Im sorry im new.:(

No need to worry. We've turned a lot of newbies like you, into techies like us. Usually when you build your own, you'll save money, or you'll have a better system for the same amount of money, compared to pre-builts.

It's definitely worth it, I got into it earlier this year when I joined this site. That computer though, will struggle with fsx on high settings. Right now I get 1-2 frames, maxed out over NYC.

No need to worry. We've turned a lot of newbies like you, into techies like us. Usually when you build your own, you'll save money, or you'll have a better system for the same amount of money, compared to pre-builts.

Thank you so much. Okay. So bascially, I searcha and search and buy all the components I need for the computer. Then get a proffesional store to put it together.

So I need a:

Processor.
RAM
Hardrive
Graphics card
Sound card.

It hopefully has to all come from a canadian site because of all the shipping and so forth.

Thanks And under 1000$cdn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom