Can I have multiple Floppy drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartthecartoon

In Runtime
The age of the floppy is at an end (my computer didn't even include a floppy drive). But I thought a cool upgrade would be to add 2 external floppy drives so I could read and copy floppies. Is it possible to have 2 floppy drives on one computer? If so what would the other one be called (the one that wasn't your [A] Drive?

matt2m said:
it will work back when floppys were it some computers had dual drives an old mobo i have supports two.

Its pretty weird, my computer has a connector for a floppy drive, but it doesn't have an external 3.5" bay. Does anyone know why that would be?

The motherboard in your pc supports a floppy, your case does not.
Yeah, you can have two floppy drives (external) without a problem. The first one will be called "A" and the second "B".

KCRMYZ said:
Why would you want multiple floppys?

I said in my post why I want them, I want to be able to read and copy floppy disks. I could do it with one, but it wouldn't be as fast.

gimli of gloin said:
another piece of useless hardware...lol

Well, yes for tech-geeks like me it is mostly useless, but a lot of my friends still use them, so it would be nice to have a drive or 2 for when my friends came over, so they could open any files they happened to have on their floppies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom