can i combine 1066 speed ram with 800?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drogos

Daemon Poster
I'm currently running 2 x 2gb OCZ reaper 1066 on vista 32 ,now i was wondering if were to go 64 bit and add 2 more gb on 800 speed ram would it be a problem? since the rams r 2 different speed? i have those 2 sticks of ddr2 800 laying around i thought if i can use them why not
and ohh yeah motherboard is Gigabyte s-series GA-EP35-DS3L
thanks in advance

its just that those 1066 ram will run at 800 but you can overclock it to easily get it back up to 1066 if your ram can overclock that much but there shouldnt be too much of a difference using 800 and 1066

Yeah, if you want more RAM, and you add an 800 stick, it will all run on 800mhz, which isn't a big difference from 1066 though. But you might just want to make sure you really need 6gb ram. Note that 6 gigs of ram won't help for gaming or benchmarking, or any normal usage. The only places I see it necessary is in any sort of editing (video, sound, photo). Even if you're extreme multitasking 4 gigs probably won't hold you back.

ohh i thought i was going to see a big improvement in both gaming a other stuff, i dont edit video or sound so i wont need the 2 extra gb of ram
my sis is lucky then she gets the 2 gigs for her new build lol

thanks a lot guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom