can anyone help out a new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_pimpdizzle

Beta member
ok i just got my computer, and it's pretty decent. but it lags when i'm playing fear, a lot. right now i have an amd 64 athlon 3500 2.2ghz. everything in my computer is totally stock. i don't know a whole lot about computers, just the basics. i'm leaning towards getting an AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego 2.4 ghz. my main focus is gaming. which is better for gaming, a dual core or a really strong single core? should i get a new mobo along with it to ensure good performance? i know i'm asking a lot of questions, i just want to make absolutely sure i make the right decision. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

sounds like he's got the same compaq as me.... and if your gonna get a new motherboard.. you may as well just build a comp.... it'll be a fun experience too!! thats what i'm doing.. it first started with getting a new motherboard... and ya, if its manufacturers computer.. ur gonna need a new psu... and you might want a better graphics card if you wanna play fear.... your processor should do you just fine... get a new graphics card, that processors 300, so just get a 6800gs (200 dollars) and a new psu something 450 watt.. (saw something for like 50 bucks).. thats 250 dollars, and you'll run fear much much better

yup, your processor has nothing wrong with it. Don't go upgrading it yet. :) I would suggest getting a new motherboard, video card, and power supply. The power supply is because the one they gave you is probably compaq specific, but more importantly, doesn't have enough power to supply a strong video card.

Ryan

Exactly what is your computer, before we go making suggestions? Make and model?

i have an e machines T6524. 1 gig of ram. ati radeon xpress 200, i'm pretty sure it's 128 mb (it didn't say on my system info).

hrm.. well its similar to my compaq... my integrated is 256 mb... and boy does it suck balls.... anywho, ya just get a new psu and a 6800 gs... unless your willing to spend more, then go for the 7800gt and some antec 450 watt psu, and you'll be playing fear full quality.. or close at least

hrm and you can check your graphics card specs too, right click on your desktop, go to properties, settings, advanced, and then adapter... it should tell you there how much ram your graphics card is putting out

thanks for the help. yeah it ended up being 128 mb. i found the video card you were talking about on newegg for 205 bucks. not bad. i also found an antec power supply. from the ratings, it looks pretty good. could you recommend any mobos?

your processor is fine, memory is fine, i assume theres nothing wrong with the motherboard. The only thing that i would recommend getting is a graphics card, seeing how your integrated graphics will suck on any good game, the rest should be fine. Others are saying a new power supply, what is ur current one? it really shouldnt be necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom