CAD and general use graphics card question

Status
Not open for further replies.

arizona

Beta member
Hello,

I am a mechanical guy so i know i don't have anywhere near an optimal system. However, I hope this question is not too vague or hard to answer.

I am wondering how much better CAD and general use (Videos, movies, CAD) of my computer will be by upgrading from a geforce 8300gs (junk) to a Quadro fx 3450?? maybe even a FPS (call of duty was terrible on the 8300gs) haven't played in years but you get the idea.

I have the quadro (from a buddy) and only need a molex-to-pcie power connector to run it, from my research.

Is it worth buying the connector? This card look very expensive when it came out, so I have hopes it can limp my pc on further with the adapter.

Again keep this in comparison to my current card (8300gs) so they both are not complete junk! ;)

Thanks guys
[h=1][/h]

The Quadro FX 3450 is roughly a souped up 6800. It will perform better than your 8300GS but will not be a major step up.

The Quadro cards are made for workstation/CAD work, though, in that they have a larger memory throughput for handling the graphics used in them. I would swap them out.

Ok here is what I know... BE kind it was bought in 2007......

FoxConn G33m02 motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 (2.33 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)

2gb ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom