BuyingComputer, Please Help:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slave2Society7

Baseband Member
Hey guys I am going to buy a computer maybe from Dell right now because I get a tiny employee discount from them at the moment and NEED a newer computer. Anyways.. I need some help. My dad just bought a computer for like $400-$500 and it has Pentium 4 CPU 3.06GHz BUT computers I look at online that are like $900 have processors that are only like Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor E4400 (2MB L2 cache,2.0GHz,800FSB) my OLD OLD cpu is 1.2ghz and CPU's that are 1.8 or 2ghz do not seem like a major difference after all these years later.

I just want to get an awsome computer that will play all the new games well, runs really fast with many things open at once ect. with only $700 - $800 to spend. I don't need a monitor or speakers, but of course I need a good gfx card and sound card that will work with my new awsome speakers but don't know much about either cards anymore.

I'm sure some of you guys know the secrets to getting an awsome deal. Can you guys PLEASE help me get through this process so I can find a nice computer. Everyones feedback will be MUCH appreciated. Thanks:) I'll also be on AIM as CcPunk82 if you'd like to contact me that way. (I have other messenger programs if that will help you help me hehe) I'm obviously anxious and excited! lol

would you consider building one yourself? It fairly easy to build a decent gaming rig for that much. Although I can't say the same if you insist on getting a pre-built for that amount. I guess you can get a barebone if it comes to that...

If you get a prebuilt pc from dell you will not be able to oc it.
Dell does give out crappy psu's and ram...etc etc.

You could always go for amd...with the price cuts...it will be really cheap to get a pretty decent gaming rig. For the gfx card i would suggest getting the 8800gts 320mb, since it will fit your budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom