Buying A Whole New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComputerNewbie

Beta member
I have a Dell laptop right now which I wanted to improve, but from what I have read it will cost more to do that then to buy a whole new system.

I want to buy a desktop PC -- something kind of cheap, and then add a new video card, audio card, and then buy some new speakers and such for it.

I want a computer good enough to play DVDs, burn DVDs/CDs, play music at a nice, clear volume, be able to play games without it lagging or shutting down from becoming over heated.

I need suggestions of what computer to buy, what speakers to buy, what video card to buy, what audio card to buy, etc. I would also like to be able to take stuff from my television and record it to my PC so I can burn it to DVD roms.

I donÂ’t need a whole lot of space on my computer, just enough to get by on.

Any suggestions on what to purchase? You guys probably know a good 200x more then I do. haha.

I honestly do not know how much a new PC costs, nor all this other stuff, but I'd be willing to spend around $700-$800, maybe $1,000, I could even get an advance on my paycheck if it's going to cost more. I'm computer ignorant, so if it costs a lot more then that, I just don't know.

hmm lets see here. for 1k.

Dfi lanparty ut ultra-D for about $120

Nec Burner-$25-30

7900 GT - $300

Creative X-Fi- $80-90

Any case is ok - about $80

AMD x2 3800+ - $310 or something

that is a total of $920 and is pretty good

john3 said:
hmm lets see here. for 1k.

Dfi lanparty ut ultra-D for about $120

Nec Burner-$25-30

7900 GT - $300

Creative X-Fi- $80-90

Any case is ok - about $80

AMD x2 3800+ - $310 or something

that is a total of $920 and is pretty good

Gargh, you and your cheap US prices... a system like that'll come out to $1200 to $1400 canadian :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom