Buying today, can't wait, advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

lookin4help

Baseband Member
I was going to try and wait until the upgrades/price cuts coming at the end of April but my computer is continually locking up on me and since I work from home, it isn't acceptable and it can't go on for another two months. So, this is my proprosed final build after lots and lots of looking into things. I welcome advice on everything from case to processor on this one and value your opinions.

Case- Rosewill R5604-BK Dual 120mm Fans - 39.99
Mobo- Biostar TForce 965PT - 104.99
Processor - Intel Core2 Duo e6600 - 314.00
Plus 5 dollars off when you buy mobo and processor together
HDD- Western Digital 160GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0 - 52.99
Video- eVGA Geforce 7600GT - 89.99
RAM - 2GB OCZ DDR2 667 PC5400 - 134.99
extra-
External Drive - Western Digital MyBook Premium 320GB - 159.99
I am working on a close budget, but if you have any advice or further reccomendations on these parts, or parts at a similar price, I welcome them. This will be used for office work, Photoshop photo editing/animation, gaming (EverQuest2), and other general use. I am buying today.

500W can be pure garbage, depending on the brand. What brand is it?

Never base the purchase of a PSU on the wattage...

The PSU is the last of my worries. Its an Ultra X. I did my homework, it will be fine. I bought it when I was going for my build previously, the build got put on hold, but the psu was such a good deal I let that part of the order go through. Came in the mail, perfect condition, nice and heavy, etc.

eta: I actually wanted a 400-450W but the deal was so good I bought the higher wattage. $40, plus free shipping, plus $40 rebate = free. the reviews are decent on it.

With the external I like the "nice" look of the mybooks. It will be out in my office, and I like the bookcase feel that they have - also the ease at which you can couple them together if more room is needed, etc.

Hey, that case you have...

Not sure if you noticed or not, but the side panel IS NOT HINGED, it just comes off.

The Matrix has you.

*shrug* but did you look at the pictures? NewEgg seems to favor making their cases look like they're hinged. If you look at one of the pictures, the side panel that comes off is set perpendicular to the case, so that it looks like it swung off of it.

Anyways, It comes with keys! Yay for security! I'm sure that if someone wanted to steal your video card, motherboard, and processor, they couldn't just buy the same case and get the exact same keys!

That's just me being a jerk. I don't know what the mall does to my mom, but I always get yelled at. It's real funny. I incur the least amount of damage to her pocketbook (generally), and I get yelled at. Maybe I need to start asking for more stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom