buying a prebuilt computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

werdna35

In Runtime
This is not for me, but for my brother. He didn't give me a specific budget but for his sake, I would like to try to keep it under $1000 when it is all said and done. Basically, I decided on prebuilt for him because he will mainly be using it for music, internet (a lot of online poker in his case), and movie watching. He wants it to have DVD burning capabilites, high speed internet capabilities, and Microsoft office for spreadsheets and stuff for his work. In other words, a pretty normal computer. The reason I say prebuilt is because he is not very tech-savvy and will more than likely be needing the tech support at some point. But I also want it to be a kind of kick *** computer so is there anyway or do you all know of any company that will do a prebuilt and will like allow you to upgrade? I was thinking like two hard drives in RAID or whatever, or something nifty you know? anyway, thanks for the help!

I'd recommend Monarch, next best thing to building it yourself, they do stuff lke RAID, graphics card selection, etc. and have good prices.

schulz269 said:
I would pick a dell i know they suck and poeple well say they suck but for a simple computer jsut get a dell.
I repair way too many of these @ work to recommend them. The high end Dimensions and XPS systems are okay but most people buy midrange and espcially cheap ones and they have pretty poor reliability. I recommend Monarch because it's all retail parts like from Newegg and they just build it for you.

i was thinking that i have seen alot of those get boxed up and shipped out at my work lol.. so i changed it.. and i was also thinkign there support really isn't to great cause you can barlyt understand the poeple who is tryign to help you. but monarch would be better ofr him altho the warrenty would cost a bit more. altho its more easier to upgrade later.

Does Monarch have a tech support hot line that he could call? I'm pretty set on making sure he has the tech support just so if he does mess it up, he can call someone to help him fix it if I were of no use.

You should just go to the Monarch website it will say on there exactly what they offer as far as warrenty and tech support and being as they have a pretty good rep I would think they would at least offer tech support via phone or online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom