Buying PC Pre-made?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesshuffle

Solid State Member
After a disastrous attempt at purchasing a computer from Monarch a few years ago (worst financial decision of my life; they never repaired anything no matter how many times I shipped it back, man I could rant forever) I'm back at square one. I've got around $1500 and I want to buy a pre-assembled gaming pc.

It has to be pre-assembled as I'm partially disabled and don't know any techies down here in Tampa.

My question is, should I just bite the bullet and go to Best Buy (knowing that they sell last years stuff as "high end") or is there an online vendor or other major retailer I can rely on that sells quality stuff and actually lives up to their warranties?

No, what you should do is look at companies like ipower, or is that cyberpower, or even ncixus.com that will build a system for you for a small fee.

The prebuilts from bestbuy use low end parts at premium prices.

I'd go dell before bestbuy!

So budget, 1500 for OS and screen/keyboard/mouse aswell?

Thanks for the quick replies.

I can go over $1500 but I'd like to keep it around that. And yes, for everything except monitor.

*edit* I can throw in up to $200 or so for a good service plan, so $1700ish, total.

Patonb, can you please look at my thread question after this one? It may be simple for you to answer. (It's on bottom of this one)

The only thing it needs to do well is gaming with one monitor, probably a 22" - 27". It won't be a tv/tivo/media center, and case size isn't a restriction.

I'd like it to be able to play new releases for about 2 years before I replace it. I won't be overclocking or doing any maintenance, other than maybe blowing the dust out from time to time.

*edit* Changed to reflect suggestions:

Case: NZXT M59 Gaming Mid-Tower Case with See-Thru Window

Power Supply Upgrade: Corsair Power Supplies (* 650 Watts CMPSU-650TX - Quad SLI Ready)

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-750 2.66 GHz 8M L2 Cache LGA1156

Cooling Fan: Thermaltake V1 Gaming CPU Cooling Fan (Excellent Overclocking + Silent Proof + Smart CPU & System Thermal Monitor)

Motherboard: [CrossFireX/SLI] EVGA P55 TR Intel P55V Chipset DDR3 Socket 1156 mATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB2.0, SATA-II RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, & 2 PCIe X1

Memory: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1800MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5870 PCI-E 16X 1GB DDR5 Video Card [DirectX 11 Support] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)

Multiple Video Card Settings: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple

Hard Drive: Single Hard Drive (80 GB Intel X25-M 2.5 inch SATA Gaming MLC Solid State Disk (Nearly Instant Data Access Technology)

Optical Drive: Sony 20X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive

Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)

USB Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)

Total = $1561

*edit*

Any of these worth the price?

Noise reductions - PSU Gasket, Anti-rattle fan mount, sound absorbing foam $45

Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit $19

CoolerMaster Thermal Fusion 400 Extreme Performance CPU - Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation $10

Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System $19

If you're not over clocking, liquid cooling, and a prebuilt one at that, is very unnecessary.

I'm not that good on component quality for mobo and ram, so other than looking solid, its a nice build.

I'd take those parts, price things out on newegg, or ncixus, and see how badly theyre taking you.

Oh, ALso just noticed, theres only 1 small, but speedy, drive.
Oh part 2.. 8Gigs of rams alot, 6gig is quite enough... should lower the price too.... Looks like you can't 6gigs.

Edit

I'd swap the psu for a corsair, the 650 is way more than enough.

I'm going to go with externals for data drives.

I didn't actually see a 6 gig option, but I find that ram seems to depreciate the fastest of my components, so I'd rather pad it a little. I'll check again tho.

I'll check out the prices on newegg.

*edit*
The 650 is actually a little more expensive. Is it a higher quality component?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom