Buying a PC for Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haggerty83

Solid State Member
I want to upgrade to a PC that can handle good gaming. My computer now will freeze with most games that I have. I have play all kinds of games from hunting games, to war games, to sports games. What is best for gaming AMD or Intel? I am looking to spend in the $600-750 range. Please give me some suggestions on PCs to buy. Thank you for the help

Do you plan to use anything from your old computer, keyboard, mouse, case, hard drive, DVD drive?

and at the moment the best of the best is Intel but AMD are also very good and it also depends on how much you want to spend.

Although the graphics card will be more important its either ATI or Nvidia personally I prefer Nvidia mainly for the drivers.

are you willing to build or just want to buy?

how much lee-way do you have? or is 700 max?

how much gaming do you do? I.E. what kind of games do you play? that will help us, in helping you.

I am looking to buy rather then build, I personally don't know how to build one and don't know of anyone who does. I am upgraded my monitor after I bought my computer to a 19" screen and bought a new mouse and keyboard, and I put a game card in it, its an ATI. Evertying else on my old computer is crap. I play all kinds of games from card games, war games, to sports games. Age of Empires III, Warcraft III, are some games I have now. Right now all the computer stuff I have is HP, looking towards staying with that brand. Thanks for the help

I forgot to take a look at the video card that I installed for my computer I have right now. I know its an ATI Radeon, but I am not sure if its a 9800 or 9700 Pro. I will have to take a look and get back to you. Is the front bus speed one of the most important aspects for a comuter relating to gaming?

do you mean the FSB (front side bus?) if so then no it isnt the most important thing for gaming the graphics card is. then a decent processor and enough ram 1 gig or more for newer games.

Go AMD for gaming, it's cheaper and better for gaming. Use some old parts if you can from your old PC.

And don't worry about the speeds of the AMD, they are different from Intels (they seem lower) but are the same.

For example, a 2.2 GHz AMD is just as fast as a like 3.2 GHz Intel (something like that)

Good luck

thats true, but only of pentiums.
the core 2 duos are working in a very similar fashion to AMDS (i.e they have lower clock speeds and do more)
but AMDs have always been better for gaming, whereas Intel has always been better for handling video, media files ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom