Buying parts tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its $74. There are cheaper 4 gig kits. I think he should go with fast 2 gigs. He can add another set of 2 gig later. He doesn't need 4 gig of ram and getting slow ram will cost him more down the road when he wants to upgrade the memory.

$40 after rebate and corsair are good for it unlike OCZ which has had some issues regarding there psu rebates whether that includes there memory range I am not sure. 4-4-4-12 is hardly slow and he is a gamer we really should stop clashing like this Matt

$40 after rebate and corsair are good for it unlike OCZ which has had some issues regarding there psu rebates whether that includes there memory range I am not sure. 4-4-4-12 is hardly slow and he is a gamer we really should stop clashing like this Matt

I have had two rebates on OCZ psu's before and I had no problem getting either of them. In fact I got them faster than usual. I haven't had any problems with Corsair rebates either though.

In general zmatt is right the faster ram will let you oc higher. However the e5200 has a very high multiplier and low fsb so it will hit its maximum oc before ddr2 800 becomes a limiting factor.

I would probably get Gskill Pi blacks. They are a little more expensive than the Corsair after rebate but they are a lot cheaper upfront. The Corsairs are still a good deal if you don't mid dealing with the rebate.

Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom