Buying a Notebook for Music Production ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lion_cub

Beta member
Hi,

I have been looking to buy a reasonably priced notebook for sometime for Music production. However, whilst the specs seem to be getting better for CPUs and the like, the hard drive performance (incl. speed) still seems to be lagging behind. Most hard drives have only speeds of 4200 rpm, which is inferior to an equivalent desktop system.

It seems to me that, you can have the fastest CPU with tons of RAM in a notebook, but if the hard drive is too slow, performance will suffer. Particularly if you are doing a lot of audio work.

Of course, one could always get an external hard drive. But to me, this is defeating the point of having a notebook in the first place.

Any recommendations or suggestions on this issue would be very welcome.

Thankyou

:)

well you need to switch any way, if you are a professional in the feild then a Mac is a must because thats what everyone else uses. besides practically all Mac software is saved in windows compatible formats now, and OSX is waaaaay better than windows, its easier to use and is much more stable. if you dont want to give $2000+ for a Macbook than get a $1500 or $1700 Powerbook, its almost just as good and wont let you down.
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...re.woa/wo/0.RSLID?mco=82070D65&nclm=PowerBook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom