Buying a new PC. Money not a problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

limiseen

Beta member
Yes.. so I decided to just buy a new computer and just use my Dell Dimension E310 for word processing..

So I am going to buy a PC.. Money is not an issue.. so.. Im checking out this Alienware Aurora ALX.. it has 4 7900 Geforce's.. I guess thats good right.. well, anyway.. any other suggestions?

Well, there is Quad-SLI.

Which is two cards, and each card has 2 GPU's.

I don't know if they are 7900's, but it's a ripoff anyway. Four graphics cards wouldnt be neccessary at all. 2 is going overboard unless they are two weak ones.

My suggestion is, do some research first before you jump into "I'm buying a PC today, I'll settle for something!" As it was said... do yoiu want to try your hand at building one? It's fun... (if you want to call it that) you learn a LOT about systems and what makes them tick... and it's cheaper. On top of that you don't get all the bundled crap that comes with a dell, hp, or any other system, even if it is high end. Do some searching around the forums here in the other area of over clocking, tweaking, building systems and read some there... That alone will give you a good place to start.

Plus, think about what you want to do with you machine, either built or bought, if you don't game or any other higher end graphic work... do you really NEED quad SLI??? Probably not... A single, possibly double card, would work for your situation...

Just my 2.5 cents..

first, you never buy sli'd pcs unless you are a freaking rich dude and wants to burn money.

second, alienware pcs sucks big time because they overprice everything and building one with the exact same specs can save u like couple thousand dollars.

third, more graphic cards doesnt mean the pc is better. the overall system might be very unstable because all the power it needs for the graphic card (a single 7900 series graphic card needs at least 25A on the 12V rail, imagine how many amps it need for 4? holy )

at last, as the others have said, do some researchs before you go ahead and ask us what kind of pc you need to buy....

learn some about hardware....and if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.

welcome to TF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom