Buying a new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman101

Solid State Member
I can't tell give you any information on how good the price is since I work in £s, but I do point out that any machine you build yourself from parts will be of higher quality and higher performance than any pre-built you buy.

Anyway, that pre-built will play Crysis ok, and Fallout 3 really well. Of course depending on what resolution you're gaming at.

Its way overpriced, I wouldn't pay $600 for that rig (the parts are pretty decent, except the PSU)

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm about to enter 3rd year of University and my parents had volunteer to fully pay for my PC as long as its below( 1,500 total), the only condition I have is to find a PC from the retail store not internet(since my parents are paranoid of buying stuff online- I don't know why). Tiger Direct has a store near me, so I think I can order it by phone and then tell them to deliver and pay for it in the story.

If you can find any better computer from this site for less then $1,200, it would really help
. Computers at TigerDirect.ca

And as for Canada and US, the prices vary greatly. Here is the prime example
Canada
iBUYPOWER Chimera LX2 Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 920, 12GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, (2) GTX260 SLI, DVDRW, 800W, Vista Home Premium 64 in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

US
iBUYPOWER Chimera LX2 Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 920, 12GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, (2) GTX260 SLI, DVDRW, 800W, Vista Home Premium 64 at TigerDirect.com

Thanks for all the fast replies. BTW here is the other PC I'm looking at WidowPC WGMI-2NG770 Gaming PC - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz, Asus P5N73-AM, 4GB DDR2-800, 500GB SATA2, DVDRW-LS, 9800GT, Flash Reader, 580W, Vista Home Premium 64-bit in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

It's really such a ripoff for that price, man. I hate to say it, but I can't recommend you to buy that.

Try to talk your parents into letting you build it yourself. Tell them it will be a learning experience and help broaden your skillset for college :p

Is building the computer an option for you? Consider if you build the computer and order the parts separately you'll gain 50-100% performance. I'm not too familiar with Canadian prices so I'll let someone else comment on whether the linked desktops are a good deal, but if you're willing to build one you can guarantee you'll be getting more bang for your buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom