Buying new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamDurk

Beta member
I'm headed off to University soon, and want to buy a new PC for the occasion. My budget currently is around £800-£900. I'm fairly computer literate, but stilll unsure as to what makes a good PC. Ideally, i'd like it to be able to run games smoothly as well.

Currently, i'm looking at getting a new PC from www.Cube247.co.uk. I'm looking at a computer for around £850 with the following specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Dual Core Processor
2048MB DDRII 667 Corsair Memory - The World's Premium Memory!
320GB Seagate Hard Disk - Ultra Fast SATA II!
Intel Core 2 Duo Deluxe Motherboard
16x DVD Player - Fastest DVD ROM Available!
NEC DVD ReWriter ND4570 16x Dual Layer & Dual Format - The Best Drive In The World!
ATI Radeon x1600PRO 512MB PCI-Express Graphics Card!
Sony Floppy Drive
8 Channel Sound (7.1 Surround Sound)
12x USB2 Ports
Firewire
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Adapter
Midi Tower Case
17" TFT Screen 8MS DVI & VGA - Ultra Fast & Stylish Screen
Logitech Keyboard
Logitech Optical Mouse
Creative Inspire 5800 5.1 Speaker System

This seems good to me, just checking that it is. Theres also one for the same price, but with a AMD Athlon64 X2 4600+ Dual Core AM2 instead. Is there much difference here?

All help much appreciated, as this is a large purchase and I want to make sure I get a good PC.

Hmm, receiving some not too good feedback on this. Buying this computer is really making my head hurt, so many things to consider.
The cube site seems quite good, but can anyone recommend a good reliable supplier in the UK?

This setup seems sound and the site looks quite professional if you were to build the PC yourself you would save money but it would be a huge hassle if you don't know what you are doing.

i woudl say go heads in it and build ur own we well guide you throw it and its not hard at all its takes about 1hour (new people) to build htere own computer. Its not really a hassle and u get to know ur comptuer much much better :D. save money is a plus.

if you want to build one urself i can help u step by step throw it and also can help you pick our ur hardware. I dont' know any UK shops but some poeple around here might.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom