Buying new monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerioN

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I want to buy a new monitor as I currently have a crappy 15" LCD one. Made by NEC or whatever, haven't even heard of one.

Well anyways, I'm Canadian and I'm looking to buy to a new monitor that is either 19", or 21+" widescreen for less then $200. Preferably $150. I'm thinking this will require some special deals or something XD. You guys have any suggestions? I already checked TigerDirect.ca - Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Accessories, PC Components & Electronics and there are some, but all the cheap ones are "no-name" brands. Dunno if I can trust them. Plus, they are all 16:10 ratio. Is there a big difference between 16:10 and 16:9?

Thanks!

That sounds like a really good monitor, and a decent price too. I never had a widescreen monitor though. What are some of the advantages of having a widescreen rather than a normal one? Also, my favorite native resolution is 1280x1024 (experienced on my friend's). Do you think the widescreen resolution is just as good / better than 1280x1024?

Or use Compare prices - Canada - Price Comparison - Comparison Shopping
Which turns out to usually match with newegg or directcanada.

i really don't see the point to use that site?

That sounds like a really good monitor, and a decent price too. I never had a widescreen monitor though. What are some of the advantages of having a widescreen rather than a normal one? Also, my favorite native resolution is 1280x1024 (experienced on my friend's). Do you think the widescreen resolution is just as good / better than 1280x1024?

you can not really compare resolutions...
widescreen monitors are nice because they provide a wider screen of view in games.

i really don't see the point to use that site?
To save money? When you've got your build ready to order, search for each part, and price match with NCIX. It saved me ~$80 on my last rig. I think I saved at least $10 on each item.

^you said it usually matchs directcanada....if it sometimes does not, then why on earth would you possibly use it. Why not just umm, USE DIRECTCANADA? then you would only have to use one site....also directcanada has the best prices in canada. i doubt half their items can compete with direct canada. ( i did not check, just an asumption) so why not just use the best possible site for price matching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom