Buying New Computer What name on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggie578 said:
does gateway even exist?

Not to go too much OT, but Gateway very much exists, I think that they pulled their store locations out for some reason and do business primarily online now

my whole comp was around 800$, and sitll upgrading it and its better than some 1500$ comps. I had a dell from 2000 till december 2005, was P3 733mhz, Geforce 2 GTS (was so amazing at the time, worked up to 2005) 384mb of Rdram at 418mhz, and yea worked so well, so i like dell.... alot:D

i know that i could probably be blindfolded and shot at for sayin this but.................. i like dell also:D

i have a dell dimension 4100 and its about 5-7yrs old, it still works great with a few upgrades to the videocard and the ram. i would buy one again, but just anyone, but the xpz if i have to get one.

prebuilt machines are only good in situations where you need a really cheap computer fast, or in the instance where you only do web browsing and office apps.

IMO, if someone buys an alienware or a Dell XPS, they didn't do thier homework, period.

Ryan

tariqadkhan said:
i have a dell dimension 4100 and its about 5-7yrs old, it still works great with a few upgrades to the videocard and the ram. i would buy one again, but just anyone, but the xpz if i have to get one.
See, both of you have older machines, before Dell became incredibly evil. Try one now, and you probably won't feel the same way.

That's soo true.
I remember ALONG time back before I really got into computers, going on alienwares site and thinking about how nice they were and what a good they are. But their prices shot wayyyyy up when they got really popular.

I have an Inspiron 600m, did my homework, and I love it.
The first hard drive that came in it was crap, so they airmailed out a new one that was far better than the first.
As far as the desktops go though, I'm not really a fan of their desktops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom