Buying New Computer What name on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

idontno

Beta member
I need a new one bad.I got a HP xt953.Going on 7 yrs old.It still runs good but i would like another.I know this one is about to shoot craps.Now I'm using about 1/4 of my drive space.I need one I can Ebay,surf the net,store some pictures,view movies,a few toones,and burn,watch CD/VDV's.Like to have the speed.Viewing movies that don't ahve to rebuffer all the time.I have long ranger DSL. So i have a good provider.WHAT name brand is best?I like the HP's but no moniter.Looking at Dell E 310 or 510 ,but heared their inners are junk.So I turn to Ya'll for help.

what are VDV's?

anyways.. i think the rebuffering you're talking about is due to your internet connection, so gettign a new comp might not help..

if you ask the ppl on these forums, they'll no doubt recommend that you put the comp together yourself. would you be up for that?

aliasaid said:

if you ask the ppl on these forums, they'll no doubt recommend that you put the comp together yourself. would you be up for that?

..if you don't want to build one yourself, and don't want to go Dell, I'd say Gateway, I've owned 3 of theirs, and they've been good to me. Haven't had the $ to build my own yet :(

DarkS1d3 said:
..if you don't want to build one yourself, and don't want to go Dell, I'd say Gateway, I've owned 3 of theirs, and they've been good to me. Haven't had the $ to build my own yet :(
when you build your own computer, isnt it cheaper?

"yes a lot cheaper. And you can customize it to your needs"

I would have to disagree with.
For 700 I can get an ACER computer with 250 gig HD, XP Media, AMD x2 3800, Keyboard, Mouse, Case, DVD burner, 1 gig of memorey, with a PCI Express slot.

From New Egg
I can get an AMD x2 3800 - 300
1 gig of ram - 75
Windows XP Media - 100
250 gig HD - 100
MB - 100
DVD burner 50
At this point I'm over the 725 dollar mark, and still need a case, Keyboard, Mouse, and time to put it together.

What I will get if I build; is a well built computer with what I want, but it is not always cheaper to build your own.

Avoid Dells

This could be my bad luck but the Dell notebook I bought recently had to be replaced. I went with a Gateway and have had no trouble with the system. The software, however, comes as a trial, so unless you have your old system discs to load you might want to consider that. I like the design of my Gateway, although I do not have any extreme graphic needs like some folks do. The customer service at Dell is not so hot either. When I phoned to get help they were rather snippy to me on the phone. The Gateway people are friendly. Good luck!

daytonoh said:
I would have to disagree with.
For 700 I can get an ACER computer with 250 gig HD, XP Media, AMD x2 3800, Keyboard, Mouse, Case, DVD burner, 1 gig of memorey, with a PCI Express slot.

From New Egg
I can get an AMD x2 3800 - 300
1 gig of ram - 75
Windows XP Media - 100
250 gig HD - 100
MB - 100
DVD burner 50
At this point I'm over the 725 dollar mark, and still need a case, Keyboard, Mouse, and time to put it together.
You are also getting much higher quality parts, and no bloatware. It's really not fair to compare cheap prop. parts to good, reliable names.

(Plus, overclockability just went from none to however much you can handle).

if you can i would like to see that acer for $700, those stats just dont make sence with that price, though i have see a door buster deal for a similar viao rb for 700 but when i went there they were all sold out(first day, kinda suspicious) at compusa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom