Buying a new computer - in need of help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would ask anyone you know who builds their own computers, or ask local repair shops to suggest a retailer.

I looked around for a bit and found: PAPYRUS / Velkommen til Papyrus AS
But their prices seem a bit high? (the i5 2500k converts to ~$343 USD).
Yes, it does seem like their prices are a bit high. Komplett.no - Nettbutikk for datautstyr, PC, bærbar PC, TV, foto, video og spill. seems nice, but I do not know if they have the right stuff?

This is where I've bought computer related items before, and was the place I thought of.

I'm hitting the sack right now, since I need to get up in the morning, but I will check for the items Roark suggested on the site tomorrow.

I don't know if you guys are able to check out similar items if they don't have the ones Roark suggested, with the site being on Norwegian and all?

By the way: I can't thank you guys enough for helping!! :)

For some reason Google Chrome auto translates most other languages, but doesn't seem to like to for Norwegian (tried to tell me it was Dutch?), but I think this is right.

CPU: 1,749 Intel i5 2500K
MB: 1,249 MSI Z68A-GD55 G3
RAM: 419 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 low profile
ODD: 199 Sony Optiarc 24x DVD/CD Burner
HDD: 469 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
SSD: 1,395 120GB Corsair Force Series 3
GPU: 2,550 EVGA GTX 570
PSU: 885 Corsair TX650M
Case: 945 Corsair Carbide 400R

Total = 10,709 (NOK) / 1,887 (USD)

Really wasn't expecting the total to be that high, still under 1,900 USD though!
But, to cut cost there are plenty of places to downgrade, like a smaller HDD and/or SSD and getting a cheaper case if you choose.

For some reason Google Chrome auto translates most other languages, but doesn't seem to like to for Norwegian (tried to tell me it was Dutch?), but I think this is right.

CPU: 1,749 Intel i5 2500K
MB: 1,249 MSI Z68A-GD55 G3
RAM: 419 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 low profile
ODD: 199 Sony Optiarc 24x DVD/CD Burner
HDD: 469 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
SSD: 1,395 120GB Corsair Force Series 3
GPU: 2,550 EVGA GTX 570
PSU: 885 Corsair TX650M
Case: 945 Corsair Carbide 400R

Total = 10,709 (NOK) / 1,887 (USD)

Really wasn't expecting the total to be that high, still under 1,900 USD though!
But, to cut cost there are plenty of places to downgrade, like a smaller HDD and/or SSD and getting a cheaper case if you choose.

So I just purchase these parts, and they should fit each other nicely? Also how good of a PC are we talking here? That is, if you are able to tell me somehow.

Yeah everything will fit together nicely, its a computer I'd be jealous of.
I would give it a day or two just so other members can add their opinions.

Kind of hard to explain how good it is, but here is my attempt.
The CPU is arguably the best gaming processor available right now.
The GPU is a hair lower than the best single card available right now (GTX580).

Those two parts are the most important for gaming, and the rest of the components compliment them nicely.

Yeah everything will fit together nicely, its a computer I'd be jealous of.
I would give it a day or two just so other members can add their opinions.

Kind of hard to explain how good it is, but here is my attempt.
The CPU is arguably the best gaming processor available right now.
The GPU is a hair lower than the best single card available right now (GTX580).

Those two parts are the most important for gaming, and the rest of the components compliment them nicely.

WoW. Alright, well thank you so very much for the help (everyone else who helped as well). I'll wait a couple of days, like you said. :)

I can't seem to find any PM button, so I'll ask here and hopefully you'll somehow see this message, Roark. Is there any way I can get in contact with you (e.g. here in this post)?

I have got the money ready to buy the parts now, but the HDD is no longer for sale on the website, so I was wondering if you could find another one that would fit nicely?

Yeah, due to flooding in Taiwan hard drives have become quite a pain for new builds due to higher prices and, in the case of the 1TB Spinpoint F3, scarcity.
Also it looks like the optical drive is out of stock, but they have essentially the same one for the same price here.

Luckily it looks like the prices of everything else has dropped a little.
Everything else, minus the hard drive, was 10,240. Now it is 9,820.

I think these are your two best options, you just have to decide if its worth the extra money for 1TB of space.
599 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 ( Total = 10,419)
969 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 (Total = 10,789)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom