Beta member
my specs:

389.99$--PNY VCG88GTSXPB GeForce 8800GTS
313.00$--Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
250.00$--ASUS P5N32-E SLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
89$--DDR2 800 Ram g.skill's
209.99$--Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD
30.99$--samsun SH-s182D
94.99$--APEVIA X-Navigator ATXA9N case(comes with a 500W dual fan power supply)
49.99$--Thermaltake CL-P0310 120mm cpu cooler
342$--SyncMaster 730B moniter
50$--DX SC15 sound card
----I will be using vista, my old keyboard, mouse, and speakers.

This is my first computer buy thats not already put togather. Is there anything im overlooking or a price doesnt seem right? Also i head that my intel will slow down my setup. And is my power supply strong enough for everything? Any help would be great!! or anything else you can think of.

That build will be really nice. I doubt that you will find the CPU to bottleneck the system, not with a GTS card. If that IS the case though, you can do a mild Overclock on it without issue.

Where are you sourcing your prices? If you are in the US, I HIGHLY recommend http://www.newegg.com, unless you have a hook up through someone.

You might want to add a different powersupply (I know, it is INCLUDED in the case.... but it is likely a POS)... Have a look at Ste's new PSU thread...

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=144427

I do believe that Apevia Power supplies are made by aspire. And aspire is, for lack of a better word. Absolute Crap.

And therefore apevia Power supplies are as well.

I was using newegg on the prices. I'm already coming really close to my budget so a quality modest low price power supply will work for me. Any ideas that will work with the rest of my system?

the included power supply is a TurboLink 500. 12v+1 16mp 12v+2 18amp. I dont wont to cut so close to the corners but if its possible to use i dont mind. Although if its really that bad i will drop it fast:p

I'm looking at the ENERMAX Liberty ELT620AWT ATX12V 620W and ENERMAX Noisetaker EG701AX-VE SFMA(24P) EPS12V 600W Power Supply. First one is 170$ the other one is 110$. Also the ETASIS ET750 ATX12V / EPS12V 750W thats 170$. Would these work with my case and ect? When buying a power supply is there parts that can work and cant work with the items stated above?

Nice tut by the way i was looking at it earlyer:)

Most of the newer PSU's will come with everything you need. Some of the older ones don't have the special power connecters for SATA drives, or the 6 pin power connecter many PCI-express cards need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom