buying new comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick_12345

Beta member
Hey guys, im getting an ew computer from dell and im pretty unsure abot all computer stuff so i was looking for advice. These are the components -
- - Dimension 5150
- - Intel Pentium D 820 with dual core processing (2.8 Ghz, 2X1MB L2 cache, 800MHz FSB Intel(R) 945G Chipset )
or is it wort upgrading to Pentium D 930 with dual core processing (3.0GHz, 2X2MB L2 cache, 800MHz FSB Intel(R) 945G Chipset) extra $100AU to upgrade
- - 1GB (2 x 512) NECC Dual Channel DDR2 533 MHz SDRAM Memory --- or --- 2GB (4 x 512) NECC Dual Channel DDR2 533 MHz SDRAM Memory -- cost $170AU to upgrade
- - 256mb ATI Radeon X600

i will be using it for mainly gaming etc... so i unsure if ist worth buying the upgrades and also if that graphics card is sufficient

With Dell computers, can u upgrade after purchasing? like better graphics cards, more RAM etc

Dude, DON'T GET A DELL!!! Run, run as fast as you can.

Seriously, if you want to game, steer clear of them.

If you don't want to build your own, check out a site like cyberpowerpc.com or ibuypower.com. And if you want to game, look into AMD processors. The Conroe CPUs from Intel don't come out for a month or so, so until then go with AMD.

Sorry, I didn't really answer your post...

Go with any AMD dual core (all of them will stomp that CPU). But so would any Athlon 64... just don't go with a Sempron. Dell doesn't go AMD in their desktops... yet.

Go with 2gig of RAM if possible.

Definately bump up the graphic card.

You're in Australia (or thereabouts)? The sites I listed won't do you any good, then. Maybe Apokalipse will see this... he's in your neck of the woods.

Haha yeah, if you want to game, only go with dell if you gonna get the 10,000 dollar renegade. Build you own, you'll be happy you did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom