Buying an LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok after alot of browsing and speculating ive pretty much decided on what lcd to get. I got payed today so i got alittle more cash but its only 23 $ more from the initial budget.

Samsung
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=232489

The only worry i have is buying from zipzoom. Tiger direct doesnt have this monitor and Newegg is my favorite but they will charge me 20 $ for tax and another 20 for standard shipping and im not to comfortable with that. Any opinions welcomed :cool:
Von

Support your reasoning. I might just change my mind lol. Ohh what about the dell lcd's i heard they are good but didnt look at them.

Blind_Arrow said:
but, do keep in mind, the TFT's only run best on thire native resolutions, and 17 inch must have resolution of 1280X960, so playing a game under that resolution will be blurry on TFT, and if your games support that much resolution, then better get a extreme powered graphics card to push the frames to optimum level at this much resolution.

Thats the main drawback of LCD monitors. Frequent video card upgrades are required when you push the resolution above 1024x768. For 1280x1024, I suggest purchasing a high-end (but not top-of-the-line) graphics card yearly (or go SLI if you want it to last longer) to keep up.

As for brand, Samsung or Viewsonic is the only thing I would buy.

Dell lcds are actually made by Samsung. No point in buying them as they're just Samsungs with higher mark up. Zipzoomfly is fine. I've never bought from there before but I have some friends who have bought a lot from them. I like Newegg a lot too, but Zipzoomfly should be just fine.

thats right. i fink dell lcds r made from samsung. LG lcd has acer parts in them. kinda like a ACURA MDX.. they use honda parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom