Buying an LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks good to me with 8ms responce time and 600:1 contrast ratio.

but, do keep in mind, the TFT's only run best on thire native resolutions, and 17 inch must have resolution of 1280X960, so playing a game under that resolution will be blurry on TFT, and if your games support that much resolution, then better get a extreme powered graphics card to push the frames to optimum level at this much resolution.

i think Hanns G is a good one. its gotten good reviews and widescreen is the way to go these days. Also it has the smallest pixel pitch of the 4.

Widescreen is kinda cool for games and movies (assuming the game supports, some don't). I think they're kinda awkward for every day stuff like typing, surfing the net, etc. They just seem a little stretched to me.
My vote is for the Samsung. That's a very nice monitor, definitely a good price. Samsung is one of the best monitor brands around and they're also one of the less expensive ones. Hard to go wrong, they're by far my preferred brand. All 3 of my dad's monitor's (20.1" lcd, 19", and 19" crt) are all Samsung as well, he always comes back to them.

BenQ has best responce time at 2ms, for gaming lesser the Responce, better will be result. though I am using ViewSonic TFT, and I am very happy with the resuult.

i'd suggets you just read through the reviews on newegg, some of them are pretty insightful... oh and that last one's a pretty good deal, but i thought you were looking for a under-200 lcd?

oh and i usually ebay my stuff, so i'd recommend that as well.

Von Theron said:
Thanks everyone just one more question. What do you think of this viewsonic.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116375

wow i neva nu viewsonic sell for so cheap. anyways this is probably the best lcd around ur price range. 2ms is good, 650: 1 contrast is good. everything looks good. viewsonic is one of the top brands. althought samsungs r nice too. samsung has really nice colors and good durability. but i prefer viewsonic over samsung cuz viewsonic offers more features like autofocus and resizing and all those crap, so ull neva have to do any setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom