Buying a computer (Split from)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daddio

Baseband Member
Vernong1992,
I have read yor posts before and I admire your knowledge.
My wife bought one of these from Newegg for $449.
Newegg.com - CyberpowerPC Gamer Infinity 6320 Core 2 Duo E8400(3.00GHz) 4GB DDR2 250GB Intel GMA 3100 Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit - Desktop PCs
It has Intel's GMA 3100 On Board Graphics Max. Share Memory 256MB which should be good for her WOW and Guild Wars games to run. If I wanted to run any of the new first person shooters and such I think I'll need to upgrade the graphics. Newegg has the 7950GT for $250.
Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGR7950512GTOCE GeForce 7950GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported OC Edition Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
It should snap onto the motherboard right? but will the 420W power supply be enough? Thanks Man,
Frank
Any other advice will be added to my learning curve.

Vernong1992,
I have read yor posts before and I admire your knowledge.
My wife bought one of these from Newegg for $449.
Newegg.com - CyberpowerPC Gamer Infinity 6320 Core 2 Duo E8400(3.00GHz) 4GB DDR2 250GB Intel GMA 3100 Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit - Desktop PCs
It has Intel's GMA 3100 On Board Graphics Max. Share Memory 256MB which should be good for her WOW and Guild Wars games to run. If I wanted to run any of the new first person shooters and such I think I'll need to upgrade the graphics. Newegg has the 7950GT for $250.
Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGR7950512GTOCE GeForce 7950GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported OC Edition Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
It should snap onto the motherboard right? but will the 420W power supply be enough? Thanks Man,
Frank
Any other advice will be added to my learning curve.

(blushes)

I'm flattered :D

Ah, Cool, Thanks Nagasama.

LOL, $4.95, I placed a bid.

Try eBay sniping it.. (surprised Nagasama didn't mention it.. he's the one who taught me about it anyways..)

(you put the last second bid and you win stuff cheap)

Ya for $250 you can do a heck lot better...

Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGE86256GTSOCE GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards (its on par with a 7950gt)

I'll be watching it up to the last second. Hopefully I can pick it up for 15-20 Clams including shipping. Thanks for the help Guys. I am feeling pretty newbish right now but, I'm getting wiser every minute.

Why does Vernong get pointed out as a guru I am a level higher then him on pokemon (inside joke)
Watch out for the "timer rises per bid" auctions can end up losing quite a bit of money on those I still got a good deal but only because I went on an exclusively uk auction and waited until 4 am lol got a Ipod for 50p + £5 shipping :)

I went and looked at Gixen, Thanks, I didn't even know there were sniping services. I should be able to bid at the end. I like to be careful with ebay because I know some will bid up their own stuff. SaltyNay, as I have had time to read I have come across quite a few of your posts. I can see that you are someone to whom I could reach out to for technical guidance also. so, what do mean by, "timer rises per bid"?............Pokemon? o_O Do you still have cards? Did you know that pokemon means pocket monster per the Japanese?

With sites like swoopo or rapidbargain.com every bid rises the overall price by x amount (x=1-5 pence usually) and the time by 5-20 seconds depending on the item they make money by getting you to buy money then losing auctions. Your bids are used up and thus you paid them and gained nothing however if you manipulate the system or are very lucky you can get £190 off like I did :) however I lost quite a bit of money in the mean time.

I am not into pokemon anymore not for 6-7 years when they where new and just out but I was reffering to a thread that came up a few days ago:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f6/pokemon-191125/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom