Im buying a new laptop for college and have several questions. Im looking to spend under 1500 (perferably less than 1300) I will be using it for games (alot), photo editing, and miscellaneous things. I'm looking mostly for 14-15.4, but size isnt nearly as important to me as performance.
1. What brand(s) are best, based on most bang for the buck, best customer service, and least garbage installed? Speciafically, how are HP and Toshiba, because my dad keeps insisting on them. Personally im looking into ASUS.
2. Should I buy one with Vista installed? Or should i stick with XP for now?
3. What are the best general midrange CPUs?
4. What are the best general midrange GPUs?
5. How much RAM would be best at my price point? Should i go with 2G, or stick with 1G and opt for a better CPU and/or GPU?
6. Should i shop at an online store such as Newegg, or go to a store like Best Buy or circuit city?
I'm considering this:
Any answers/posts are welcome. TY in advance.