Which to buy to help performance in half life 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok. Since ram is always there and always is the same price, and since good socket A mobos are hard to comeby these days, I think i might get the motherboard first. Sine it is sokcet A and they are old motherboards i don't think it would be too bad that it is refurbished. It's just like buying a used one of ebay.

Whats the point of buying a new mobo, when he wants to be getting a 939 cpu this summer, be buying two mobos then :s. Just get the ram, it'll make it a bit nicer, get a new pc in the summer tho :D

IGeMex said:
Whats the point of buying a new mobo, when he wants to be getting a 939 cpu this summer, be buying two mobos then :s. Just get the ram, it'll make it a bit nicer, get a new pc in the summer tho :D

yeah in fact minus well start buying stuff for it now. I will either get the ram or a socket939 mobo.

I guess you could work your way to building up soem PC3200 RAM that will work well with your new mobo this summer, that would be a more long-term thing if thats what you're lookin to do.

just looked at your other thread for your new comp.

just to let you know, i have the same msi mobo, and if you plan to make 2 gigs using four 512mb sticks in dual channel, it will force you to run it in ddr333 as opposed to ddr400. so if you want 2gb in ddr400 you'll have to use 2 sticks of 1gb.

aliasaid said:
just looked at your other thread for your new comp.

just to let you know, i have the same msi mobo, and if you plan to make 2 gigs using four 512mb sticks in dual channel, it will force you to run it in ddr333 as opposed to ddr400. so if you want 2gb in ddr400 you'll have to use 2 sticks of 1gb.
oh ok thanks for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom