Bulding a new comp need help with psu

Status
Not open for further replies.

csaefong

In Runtime
Hi im building a new comp and im wondering if a 500watt thermaltake psu will be able to power all these.

1.APEVIA X-Dreamer II ATXB4KLW-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 420W Power Supply - Retail
2.SAMSUNG SpinPoint P Series SP2004C 200GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
3.ASUS Striker Extreme LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX The Ultimate Gaming Motherboard - Retail
4.Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80562Q6600 - Retail
5.Sony NEC Optiarc CD Burner Black IDE Model CRX230EE/B2 W/O SW - OEM
6.Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KHX6400D2LLK2/2G - Retail
7.The PSU that im useing is-Thermaltake W0093RU ATX 12V 2.0 Version 500W Power Supply - Retail
8.PNY nvidia geforce 7600gs video card

Its not about watts its about amps. But what model is it? And I think that will be enough.

Now now new techie, don't steal other peoples words. ;) But I guess that's good since you're learning.

Anyways, have you purchased any of these parts yet? If you haven't thats good. Motherboard : total waste of money. You can get the Gigabyte P35-DS3R or P5b/P5k Deluxe and it'll perform as well as the Striker Extreme and the P35-DS3R is a great overclocking board. Instead of that SAMSUNG HDD why not just buy a Seagate or WD? They're much cheaper. RAM, instead of Kingston, change it to some Crucial Ballistix/Magicstix. Lol, it's actually Ballistix but us techies call it Magicstix. For the 7600GS that card is fine, but why not just go with the 7600GT? It's a few more dollars and is a pretty good VGA. I would also suggest you go with the Xclio Goodpower 500W for a PSU. It's a decent PSU at a great price.

Now now new techie, don't steal other peoples words. ;) But I guess that's good since you're learning.

I hope you dont mean hes stealing your words? Well apparently he joined in '06 and I am pretty **** sure that this forum was enlightened with the knowledge that amps are also important as watts long before you joined.

well i already bought the parts but i think there all pretty good the thing is the video card i got free so i dont wanna buy the gt.But this comp will be pretty sweet do you guys think i need a new heatsink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom