Built new, but performance isn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilmour1

Solid State Member
New elitegroup 915p-a motherboard, intel P4 3.0 chip, 1 gig of kingston ram ddr2, and a ATI, HISX1600xt ice Q video card. Also a new 500 watt power suppy. 2 DVD burns, zip drive, 3 1/2 floppy. in a desktop case. 16yr. old son says his games lag and computer runs slow. he is playing half life 2, and counter strike. Asking for advice on how to config for better performance

well is the video card intergrated? Is that CPU a p4 630 HT? i use that one and it ins't to slow its good for multi tasking but not much for gaming.

and it being an Intel CPU could cause some lag but i don't think it would be able to notice anything to much. Is he playing those games online? maybe its your internet connection?

yes on the HT CPU I don't know if its 630, Intergrated I don't know, No on the gaming online he just downloaded it to test my machine. Thanks For the input

intergrated video means that its located inside the motherboard, it isn't a video card its jsut located inside the board.

i don't know much about ati do i can't jsut blame it on the video card but i am not sure what it could be.. it might be intel but that CPU should run cs not the best but it well run it with little lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom