built a computer and now i'm sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
it depends... if only the 24 pin psu connection is connected, the system stays on and runs (at least fans, LEDs)...

when i plug in the 4 pin as well, i get that 1 second start then everything shuts off...

so if someone knows what is variable from one situation to the next that'd be great...

i was thinking it's either the power supply can't provide enough power to both, or it's the cpu :\ the 4pin powers the cpu rite?

other than that i'm totally lost

FlashDude said:
are you still getting the single beep? leaving the cpu 4pin plug unplugged wouldn't hurt anything. I didn't think it was the psu. If you are not getting any beeps then try resetting the cmos and/or pull the battery. Have you tryed that? If you are not getting any beeps then remove everything that is attached to the board (all ram, all ide cables, floppy cables, video card and any add on cards) just leave the power connectors and if your speaker is hooked up properly it should beep like a mofo at you if not the board is toast.

If you don't answer my questions or try the things I suggest then I can't help you. sorry.

Oh i'm so sorry flashdude,

I did try out what you said and it worked :) i just stated a new thread outlining a new problem because i think this one was getting so long that people were confused at which info they should be looking at...

my new question is on the board and is on how to ensure you don't short ur mobo on ur case...

again, so sorry, and thanks for everyone's help it was awesome. look up to help me on my next misadventure :p

thanks guys!

maybe the motherboard.

you may want to put some ram in to cause i think all computers need ram to boot to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom