Building Yet Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
quadcore and the 8800? I actually have the exact same model, my next rig will be a dual core AMD @ 3.0ghz, 2ghz ram, 1TB HDD(i haven't figured out exactly how i'll set up with the hard drives etc). Can I ask though, what are the benefits to SATA disk drives as oppossed to IDE? I still have a pretty good sony that fits my news.

I hate the clunkyness of IDE cables. SATA is much easier to tuck away.

By the way, as for the Gamexstream and the rippling, I did some research. I'd hardly be worried about it, the 150mV ripple occurred when the psu was on 695.4W load (this is the 700W version). The average setup isn't even going to come close to exceeding 400W...

But even so, I'm looking into the Corsair PSUs instead because they offer modular cables whereas OCZ doesn't, and I like my rig to be organized :cool: I updated my first post with the new parts. How much of that new power supply will my system eat up including medium-heavy overclocking?

Thanks for the advice guys

Merkwurdigliebe said:
But even so, I'm looking into the Corsair PSUs instead because they offer modular cables whereas OCZ doesn't, and I like my rig to be organized I updated my first post with the new parts. How much of that new power supply will my system eat up including medium-heavy overclocking?

That Corsair can handle that system very easily.

modular psu's are more likely to fail though as the connections between the psu and its cables adds one more thing which could go wrong and varyious benches have shown their power to have high fluctuation rates along the 12v rails. BTW I am still searching for a ultra x2 modular psu in the uk so I am not a hater just telling the facts

There really is no reason to go SLI unless you just enjoy spending money. By the time a game comes out that would require you to go SLI there will already be a better model video card on the market that can outperform 2 of the video cards you are planning on running in SLI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom