Building Semi-Good Gaming Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustinTM

Beta member
Hi. I'm rather new to building computers. I know you must hear this a lot. Trust me, I mean new as in I haven't started building one and I need suggestions. I'm not a "noob" or whatever when it comes to computers. I just need a bit of help.

I'm currently looking to build a semi-nice gaming computer that I can upgrade over time.

My current budget is around $1500. I'm 18 with a job. Quite frankly, I have no bills which means my budget can increase.

I would like to stick with Intel, most likely an i5. Unless of course there's a good reason to switch to AMD. I can already get a keyboard and mouse from someone who works at logitech so I'm good on that.

Anyway, shoot. I'll keep an eye on this forum and this thread. Thanks. :)

there's a good chance you'll be able to get an even better i7 build with your budget.

you say you got the k+m taken care of, so all you need is the tower? a monitor too? an OS?

Pass on the i7. Build yourself a good AMD system with a socket AM3 motherboard so you're ready for Bulldozer. Bulldozer looks like it's going to own Nehalem and it looks like AMD has done something really crazy that will give at on of performance, like when they put the memory controller on the die of the CPU.

I have an i7 system and when the next gen Intels come out I need to upgrade everything. Buy yourself a high end Phenom, high end AMD motherboard, and a 5870 graphics card and you'll be good to go. If you want you can go with a Fermi but I don't think you'll be happy with that.

Well, that isn't just a semi-good gaming computer right there. It will destroy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom