Building to sell: What brands do you love? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to NightSurge
Default Re: Building to sell: What brands do you love?

MA Labs. I have checked D&H and they come no where near MA Labs for computer parts. D&H is good for just random other electronics and games and stuff.

Ma Labs.com - the leading computer component distributor in the United States

If I was helpful, please click the icon on the left hand side of this message that looks like a check mark Thanks!

Old 04-16-2009, 05:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Interesting. Thanks for that. I remember searching 10+ hours a day back then to find a better legit wholesaler and coming up empty. I've never even heard of MA Labs :P

Old 04-16-2009, 06:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lord Techie

MA Labs is a pretty good company from what I hear. Though they only have Super Talent RAM I think, since they own the company.

EDIT: Nevermind, they have Kingston too. Among some others.
thirdshiftdj - what on earth are you trying to say???
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM or IM.
If I helped you out, or what I just said rocked you like a hurricane, hit the little thingie over there.
<-------------------------------
Old 04-16-2009, 06:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to philbar71

hmm, selling a pc on ebay is not too hard. my friend matt (not zmatt) sold a pc on ebay for $1350. this PC consisted of a q6600, DFI X48 mobo, antec twelve hundred, 2gb of ram and a 1tb hdd woth a GTX 280. he spent only like $1000 on the parts. sold it in about 4 days too. $1350 was his "buy it now price" so there are lots of unknowing people looking on Ebay for "gaming PC's" that have a "theological power of 6.6GHZ!"

The only thing ATi can render faster than nVidia is the BSOD

SLI ON INTEL P45: http://www.techist.com/pc/f76/sli-intel-chipset-219886/

<<< i like rep :D
Old 04-16-2009, 07:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikaricloud View Post
MA Labs is a pretty good company from what I hear. Though they only have Super Talent RAM I think, since they own the company.

EDIT: Nevermind, they have Kingston too. Among some others.
Yeah but of those Super Talent is cheapest. That is a slight downside, but NewEgg ram is so cheap it doesn't matter

If I was helpful, please click the icon on the left hand side of this message that looks like a check mark Thanks!

Old 04-17-2009, 05:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Can you purchase Intel processors there? I was looking over the official licensed Intel distributor list and didn't see their name
Old 04-17-2009, 08:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Yeah, they sell intel CPUs. Might be a middle-man distributor, but they seem to be legit. Looking at the prices, they're cheaper than D&H and newegg on nehalems.
I would be interested to see what they can do in the way of bulk order discounts

You should also call them up to ask if they offer free shipping. I can't find shipping information on the website. D&H for example will ship for free if the order exceeds $500, otherwise they charge for it.
Also remember that you're going to have to pay the sales tax for things purchased from a distributor, so you may want to add that to the cost of each item to get a realistic price comparison vs newegg.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Alright, prices seem better than alot of places I've seen. I'm going to go ahead and try to go through with some contracts with the names Intel *officially* says are distributors, and check the prices. If the one you mentioned is obviously a middle man, I'll be sure to say so. I owe you guys, thanks for the help thus far and hopefully I'll be able to get help again, as well as help others!
Old 04-17-2009, 11:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Also...does ANYONE still want to answer me technical, original question? :laughing: I haven't gotten an answer to the question I actually asked, though I have gotten a great deal of useful advice (believe me, don't think I'm belittling any help I've gotten thus far, you guys are great!)
Old 04-18-2009, 01:30 AM   #20 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalleo335 View Post
Alright, prices seem better than alot of places I've seen. I'm going to go ahead and try to go through with some contracts with the names Intel *officially* says are distributors, and check the prices. If the one you mentioned is obviously a middle man, I'll be sure to say so. I owe you guys, thanks for the help thus far and hopefully I'll be able to get help again, as well as help others!
The "listed" intel distributors are all way overpriced. That's why intel lists them

Also, if you have a business license, you do not get charged tax by a distributor for the items unless you live in their state.

Closed Thread