building pc, help with motherboard and chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvyi83

Solid State Member
i keep reading about amd boards and chips.. are they much better?

i want a computer that is around the speed of a p4 3.0mhz, that takes ddr2 pc5400 ram. all the computers ive used and played around with were intel pentiums.. is it any different to build?

i want a semi fast computer that is going to run tons of programs at once.. encoding, converting, etc.. tiny bit of gaming./

should i get a dual core processor or will single work fine. i basically just need help on which chip would fit my needs best, then which motherboard is a good deal to match.

im only using one video card if that makes any difference. overclocking isnt much of an issue either, maybe someday but not anytime soon probobly.

budget for the mother board and chip is probobly 300 at most.. depending on if its worth it to get something better, i could decide to spend 400 or so. but if i can get one for 250 that would be cool too.

any info would be helpful.. thanks.

No different to build, although the 775 socket has the pins on the motherboard instead of the CPU.

DDR2, AM2 supports that now, just have to wait 2 days.

Depends what the tasks are. Loads of web browsers than no. If you need to convert a movie to frames and edit them than it will help loads.

Conroe is to be released sometime soon, and that is going to be one **** of a cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom